Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How I found blogworld!


I guess before telling my whole life story, I will begin by telling how I came to find out about blogs. It all began officially, when I met my frenchman, (which is another whole story) you see, I wanted to learn french (a feat easier said than done;) so I found the most fabulous site - french word a day. At the time, I did not realize that it was in fact a blog, but I loved the site! From that site, she gave a link for Corey's blog, which I loved even more, and from there..I just found so many more!

Mainly I was drawn to blogs about expats, catching a glimpse of how life would be, if things were different..was so very interesting to me! I was addicted to blogging. I began begging my french love to do one with me. The cultural differences we were learning about eachother, not to mention the unconventional way for meeting, I thought could help alot of people, and well, create somewhat of a journal for posterity!


I find this whole blogging phenomenon a really interesting and curious way for people to connect...Oh the things we can learn! I see the possibilities of cultural misunderstandings to be abolished with simply just reading about other peoples views and opinions, experiences and mishaps, can teach us so much, that before we never would have learned.

I look forward to comments and whatever anyone has to offer. I'm basically an open book, I always have been, my french better half, is a bit more private, that is part of his culture, We as americans tell all..however, the french are very private, which can sometimes seem rude, but its not that at all, they just are very private. The internet is a funny thing though, these privacy things are not that much of an issue..as the internet can let you talk and share, without telling too much. It truly is a world of its own!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At February 23, 2006, Blogger Just me said...

Congrats on your new site! Looks good! I will be back to read more of your story as it unfolds. ;o)

Happy blogging!

 
At February 24, 2006, Blogger Ksam said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

 
At February 24, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

I have comments!! I can't believe I have comments! I read all your blogs pretty religiously!! I'm such a dork, but honestly you have no idea how excited I was to read these! :o) thank you!

 
At February 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Sam said, welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to reading more from you!

 
At February 27, 2006, Blogger Antipodeesse said...

We too are always excited to get comments. The excitement never wears off!

 
At February 27, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

I know, I'm like...a comment, someone left me a comment...wooohooo, and I do a little comment dance ;)
Everyone should have comments, its amazing how it boosts your day:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home