Monday, February 27, 2006

Pan-Seared Salmon Puttanesca with Fusilli..by Kim






When I go on other peoples blogs, I especially love it, when they share a favorite recipe! This is not my favorite by any means, and I have now vowed to NOT cook salmon, unless I am being the sous chef to Thomas! It was better than I expected it judging by the smell of when it was cooking. Thomas, on our second night of being together, (after the soup/casserole he made me on the first night, that will be a really funny post in the near future) well he made this salmon dish, that made me fall right in love with him, it had onions, roma tomatoes, garlic, salmon, pasta and just a touch of cream cheese to make it creamy..mmmm.

here is the recipe in the picture, it was very very easy!

4 fillets of atlantic salmon
pan searing flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
6 oz whole wheat fusilli, cooked per package directions
2 cups Puttanesca Sauce (from a jar :o)

1. Coat fillets evenly with pan searing flour; pat off excess.
2. Heat oil in skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes; add fillets. Turn over when fillets change color one quarter of the way up and seared side has turned paper-bag brown, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to MEDIUM; cook 3-4 mintues more, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees; Transfer to clean plattter, let rest at least 2 minutes.
3. Heat puttanesca sauce in saucepan while fillet rests. Top fillet with sauce, add fusilli to pan and mix with sauce.

I'm not very good at the platter presentation..Thomas always makes everything look wonderful when we sit down to eat. Cheese seemed to enjoy the meal very much, did I say Cheese, I should re-nickname him to HAM!!