Saturday, March 04, 2006

The distance between us..by Kim



There is just over 4 hours between us.
We see eachother very often.
I'm so very grateful for the precious, wonderful time we have together!
All the memories we have made in the past and continue every time we are together.
We laugh, we play, we snuggle, we talk, we wrestle, we play jokes on the kids, we cook, we celebrate, we plan for the future....We love!
BUT..
Sometimes I just have to say, the distance between us sucks!
There is no way to be, but patient for the day that we won't have to talk on the phone (thanks God for unlimited calling to Canada) chat on the computer, or drive over 4 hours to see eachother.
I guess there are things that we all need to work on in our lifetime, I'm sure mine is patience! I most certainly am the typical "immediate gratification" kinda girl! I want it yesterday! :o)
BUT...
This time, I'm willing to wait and be patient.
So many things this frog has taught me, so many things...
"To build a strong future, you need a strong foundation",
I will lay it brick by brick with you and continue the foundation we are building!
Distance is hard, but not impossible!
I wasn't going to post today, just to give a break, didn't really have an inspiration, wasn't really sure if anyone was listening, but I found this little cartoon, and thought of my frog, that is far away from me at the moment. :o(
I guess that is why I found blogosphere, to vent my feelings..ahh, I somehow feel a little better!

11 Comments:

At March 06, 2006, Blogger christina said...

I'm listening:-)

I know how you feel. My husband and I had a 4-year long distance relationship (Canada/Germany and we had NO internet back then) before we got married. It was pretty tough not seeing each other for months at a time.

Hang in there!

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

christina, HOW????? did you do it without internet? I mean we talk, or just have a connection somehow with our IM's on throughout the day...sigh
Well I am very glad to hear you made it, I know it can be done, its just hard at times!
thanks for commenting, that helps somehow, to hear other people experiences, thank you so much :)

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger christina said...

Letters and phone calls with the occasional visit. :-)

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

chris,
Oh dear, if i had to wait for letters from thomas, that would be very hard, after 1 1/2 years of him being in canada, he has written his mum once :o)

thanks again for the comments, I so appreciate them!
tchuesss,
kim

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger christine said...

Hmm well, Seb and I have been apart a lot, first because of my living in the States, then his school where I worked 2 hours away, then various job transfers where we were apart for three month periods, and now due to another job transfer we find ourselves separated again. We've learned to compromise! We've learned to appreciate our weekends together. I think we've run out of patience lately though. We've been doing this for too long and it's become tiresome.

No advice, just sympathy :)

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger deedee said...

I am not patient, either. But building a solid foundation to a relationship is a good beginning for a long and happy future. Blogging is very therapeutic, getting things said, makes them easier to deal with.

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

First of all to christina, meredith, and miss chris..thank you so much for leaving your thoughts, it helps to know that other people have lived through it, i'm very impatient, as I said, (i would like it yesterday:) but your words are good to hear. I know it can be done, its a lesson for me, with a big payoff:)
I feel as though, i prayed and prayed for strength to get me through this long distance thing, and my guardian angel said.."you shall blog!"
So thank you again for your suggestions and for being an ear, when I am complaining or just talking, Lord knows, i sure can talk:)
Thanks again!
kim

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I'm listening too! While in Switzerland I was 4 hours apart from my sig other at the time. It was hard parting and felt so great enjoying every moment together. It's the same here and yeah I'm not patient either, especially when it comes to gaining perm residence in Canada. Hang in there, it will work out for you!

 
At March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the others said, hang in there.

I know how you feel. Long distance relationships are not easy. Patience really is key!

 
At March 07, 2006, Blogger Just me said...

I know how you feel as well. It is never easy being far apart. What is your plan? For him to move to NY, you to move to Canada, or both of you to move to France? ;o)

Keep on smiling, and keep on blogging. You seem like a strong, sweet, happy-go-lucky person. You'll get through this! =oD

 
At March 07, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Well right now our plans are for him to eventually come to NY, so, if you know someone that owns a large company in need of a great mechanical engineer, that is willing to sponsor him for a work visa, give me his name:) Yes, I know I'm dreaming! (It's not that easy, unfortunately! ;o( )

I cannot move to Canada, or France for that matter. We hope to retire in France someday far, far in the future!

But for now, he will just get experience in canada and then move here, hopefully sooner than we both expect!

How was it when you were in the states and he was in france? or maybe it wasn't like that, I forget! Did you guys do the whole fiance visa and stuff? If so, how long did it take?
kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home