Thursday, March 02, 2006

I never knew there were no skunks in France..(other than pepe le pue) by Kim



This is the story of the cute little frog from the southwest of France, who went camping in big bad USA.

The bears stayed away, the chipmunks were harmless and cute.
The raccoons were naughty, but fled when the frog went "ppppsssst".
The woodpecker was loud, but kind of rhythmatic.
All was good on Wellesley Island.
The camp was set up in a very organized "french" way.
We made smores, shared sauccison, toffifay and wine. (us, not the kids:)
Life was good!
Until....things went bump in the night, well it was more of a scavenging noise, but scary nonetheless.
Was it a bear?
No, too gentle.
Was it a racoon?
This is when the frog, uses the scary to most animals, "pppsssst" sound.
He claims, this noise will scare any animal in France.
Nothing, not even a pause from the perps.
Aha, the frog, peeks through the window of the tent.
AND..."pppppsttt" one more time, till he witnesses what I think must be a tazmanian devil or some evil creature ready to attack!
The brave frenchman, screams and ducks down, with a look of sheer terror.
(my heart stops)
WHAT?????
SKUNK!!!!!!
skunk? You have got to be kidding...hahahahhaha (I fall in a fit of giggles)
Well I don't want them to spray me.

That was so funny, he had never, ever seen a skunk and literally they were on the other side of our tent, maybe 5 inches away. I wonder why, pepe le pue, was portrayed as being french, when they don't even have them there?? hmmm..food for though, huh?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 03, 2006, Blogger leon's life said...

Kim - I am enjoying reading your blog. Well done for getting it up and running.

You know now that you mention it I've never seen a Skunk either !

 
At March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I don't understand is why Pepe speaks with in Italian accent here in France--he's not even French here. What's dat all about?

 
At March 04, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah totally odd! I enjoy all of your stories a lot too! :)

 
At March 06, 2006, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Aren't you lucky it didn't spray you! I loaughed at the famous,"psssst!" How true that is! That familiar French fear tackic sound!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home