Saturday, April 22, 2006

Genesis 1.1... by Thomas

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"...

And then he created the spaghetti squash.

As Everybody knows, when europeans discovered the Americas, they brought plenty of treasures back to their countries. So many good things like cocoa beans which we invented the chocolate with, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, capsicum, beans..and sooo many spices. Yummy. But then, I arrived in Americas. Like Jacques Cartier, I travelled from France, across the Atlantic, up the Saint Laurent to discover Montreal (well I was in the plane though). I discovered the Natives (well mine were more from germany than indians but well) who cooked for me...the spaghetti squash. I so loved it, but why dont we have this in France??????

You darn European explorers, why didnt you bring back that veggie to Europe?


9 Comments:

At April 22, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Thomas,
You light up my life, I will cook spagehetti squash every day of your life, if you'd like:)
K

 
At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On peut trouver le spaghetti squash chez Carrefour...si, si! Je ne me souviens plus du nom français -- courge spaghetti? -- mais il existe là-bas!

But Kim, it might be easier if you cook it for Thomas. :)

 
At April 23, 2006, Blogger Ksam said...

Good lord, I don't even know what spaghetti squash IS, in English or in French...gonna have to google that one!

 
At April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mais thomas, je le trouve en haute marne même! tu es d'ou?

 
At April 24, 2006, Blogger deedee said...

I confirm that spaghetti squash is quite available in the south of france, and I am now finding some of my favorite other squash, like butternut, as well.
and they do call it courge spaghetti here:)

 
At April 24, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

I have his favorite recipe on my foodblog, that I have not made a link yet of, because I'm not positive on how to do that fancy schmancy linking thing ;)

But the address is www.hidingcarrotsandspinach.blogspot.com

Kim

 
At April 24, 2006, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Hi Kim & Thomas. I love spaghetti squash, too. It's good for you, and it's also really versatile and can be used in many different ways. Yum.

 
At April 25, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure, but that stuff is just great. Same with some of the red potatoes here and a few other veggies... Most people in Canada have never heard of eating artichokes either! They are crazy!!!

 
At February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Sweaters masculinos orgies Headlight washers Scholarships music therapy Persuasive fax http://www.gangbang-0.info/Olderwomenorgy.html Sports supplements books Harrington fire alarms xenical no prescription iran Share ware business card creation program best car gps Valtrex chewable Sports psychology sample retirement letter american express retirement Anime oon sex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home