Monday, April 17, 2006

This is our story and we are sticking to it...by Kim






When you are divorced, coordinating holidays is sometimes a drag, and well if you don't have someone to comply with, coordinating it makes it even more difficult. But, well, that is life:)

Little Cheese was coming back from his fathers house at 10am, the Easter bunny would be making a stop there, I was pretty sure. Last year the bells came from France, and it was easy, I had him on Saturday night to Sunday morning, and it was such a success! This year, with him not waking up at home, it was going to be difficult, so it was up to the 3 of us, the frog, the pickle, and the mama, to concoct a story to satisfy the cheese, and keep the magic as long as we could.

I came up with, saying we would send a letter to the bells, and ask them to come around lunch time and somehow try to have him where he could not see the bells, but hear them and then quickly the pickle and the frog could scatter the chocolate. Everyone poo poo'd my idea, and I admit, it sucked!

Pickle had a sleepover on Friday and was still recovering from staying up all night, although he swears he went to bed at 11. Yeah, whatever! So he was pretty much dry on ideas.

The frog, the wonderfully smart, creative frog, came up with the idea, that we would scatter the chocolate outside, a couple in the front yard, which is where Cheese would see it first and the rest of the loot out in the back yard. He helped Pickle rehearse his roll in the magical midmorning tradition. They both went outside, while I got ready and hid the chocolate. Pickles came in exclaiming "Mom, this is so much fun, this is the best Easter ever" my goodness, he was sooo very excited, more excited than I have ever seen him in his life! The frog, was also saying, "I'm so excited, can I come with you to get Cheese, I just can't wait!" As we were leaving, we realized, OMG, we have like 20 minutes to kill, and it only takes 5 minutes to get there! The frog was wishing outloud that we had more eggs now, the little foil ones..I said we can go get some little foil ones really quick and you can hide more...oooh no twisting his arm, he said "OKAY, LETS GO!" We got 3 bags full and I dropped him off in a covert location, so Pickles too would have a surprise, as there were 3 times as much loot as what he had helped with! I thought my cute little frog would burst with anticipation!

When I came home with Cheese, we saw a basket in the front yard, and 3 eggs kind of scattered, he said "what is that doing there" I played stupid, and said, I have no idea, it was NOT there when I left, how weird that is! (I'm such a great actress:) I told him he should go get his brother and see if he knew what it was. He ran up the stairs screaming for his brother, and his brother jumped out of bed pretending to be totally asleep and disoriented, and said, "OMG, I thought I heard the bells, but I only heard it once and then the dog started to bark and chase something, I guess it was the bells, OMG, he chased away the bells!!!!" and Cheese said, "NOOO, I think they dropped a couple outside", So Pickles suggested they look, to see if there were any out back..

You can see by the pictures, they were SO excited, and the story is that the bells came, the dog and cat chased them out the door, they left 3 on the front porch, and flew over the house, with the dog and cat chasing them and they got so scared that they dropped their whole load of chocolate in the back yard!

That's the story and we are sticking to it!!!!

7 Comments:

At April 17, 2006, Blogger Pam said...

Yep, stick to it...Great story!

 
At April 17, 2006, Blogger T said...

We say the bells are taken away on Thursday and they return for the Easter Vigil. As I was getting all the Easter stuff ready and cleaning on Saturday night I heard the bells from one of the churches near by. I didn't know I should go look for chocolate!

 
At April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great! Your kids are so lucky to have the both of you and all your love! :)

 
At April 17, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That's such a great story. P found easter eggs also and I got all excited and he told me he didn't peak or see any when he had gotten up at 6:30am. And by 7am I had him up and looking for eggs. He was just too cute! Ah what you do when you don't have kids...hehe

 
At April 17, 2006, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

those bells, and the Easter bunny...then there is the tooth fairy and the tooth mouse...I have a hard enough time remmebering mione name without confusing who is who in the fariytale world! My children know both, and Ithink they like th idea of double chocolate!

Like your children shared cultures cannot do they harm!

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger jen said...

awesome. that magic is the best. my sister was born just around the time my brother had things figured out. As far as I'm concerned she still knows nothing and our holidays still have that essence.

 
At February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home