Saturday, April 01, 2006

Twas the night before April Fool's....By Kim





We were plotting and planning
when all through the night
not a child was stirring
perhaps out of fright..

The kids were on guard
prepared to stay up all night
to prevent a trick
from happening all right.

The adults prevailed,
with the sandman's help,
sound asleep, they fell,
it was time to attack!

Okay, I am most certainly not a poet, I tried!

We laughed so hard, so many mishaps, so much noise, how did Pickle not waken, I'll never know.

First the nailpolish would not open.
Then the marker we realized was not waterproof.
I dropped a bottle, making a loud crash.
The dog was whining and barking, wondering what we were doing on the table and chair (Pickle is on the top bunk)
We put a raisin in the toothpaste, so that it would look like a giant bug coming out, and while sticking the raisin in, it disappeared, don' worry T rescued it.
While T was painting the toes, I was painting the face, and Pickle was tickled, and moved his toes, the sheets permanently have shimmerink pink polish on them.
We didn't have vaseline, to put on the door, so we used hair gel instead, next year we will have to get some vaseline, that would have worked better, it did the trick!

We had a couple more ideas, and then Pickles played one, that was not really well thought through, I'll post the rest tomorrow, some more photos too.

Stay tuned.....


8 Comments:

At April 01, 2006, Blogger G.C. PHILO said...

Nice one! You guys are some cruel parents! And you were scared that they might see my blog title?!?!

 
At April 02, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

I was never afraid they would see your title for prudish reasons, I was worried that you would see us on your site meter 1000 times!!!! ;) As it is, my 12 year old's friend keep seeing you in our favorites and clicking on it, excitedly...then he comes to you on the beach..with a face..like ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? what the....

 
At April 03, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious!

Thanks for the comment. I'll try to keep you up on the adventures of trying to be environmentally conscious (though I'm not that great at it, I'll admit).

Very funny!

 
At April 03, 2006, Blogger T said...

Too funny.

My son wore a band-aid on his face and told people he got bit by a squirrel. You should have seen some of the shocked moms until he said April Fools.

 
At April 03, 2006, Blogger Riana Lagarde said...

Oh man, you got them!!!

I wrote a note and said that I was running away and scared the shit out of my mom, she called the cops, while I was hiding in the attic in a box!!!

Um, I have something to show you and thomas by the way...
http://www.bonjourparis.com/Articles/Culture_and_Lifestyle/A_name_caller_pigeonholes_herself_in_France/
doh!

 
At April 04, 2006, Blogger Just me said...

Terrible, terrible, terrible! =oP

 
At April 05, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah you guys are funny. All day I was hoping P wouldn't do anything to me and sure enough we were both saved... Yeah no tricks either way.

 
At April 06, 2006, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I canot wait to copy your april trick idea for next year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home