Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Why all the little girls love this kid...by kim











This is our little "Cheezanovia"!

The confidence he has exudes from these photos, no? He is such a funny kid, from day one, it was his plight to make us laugh!!

Little girls love him, all the girls in school invite him to their parties, he is usually the only boy!

He used to get really upset when people would tease him about having girls like him, he would turn red and steam would come out of his ears. His favorite frog, gave him some cool techniques to deal with this. When someone says, "cheese, do you have a girlfriend?" He just nods, and starts to count on his fingers, the higher he goes, the more they laugh, he loves this:)

He is the sweetest boy in the world. He is kind, gentle, smart, has excellent manners, and has the wit of an adult sometimes!

While we were in Montreal, taking a hike at the tree arboretum this is what happened..

There was a little girl, brown curly hair, button nose, dimples, the works! She had positioned herself on our walk, right in front of us, her mother was behind us, pushing her brother in the buggy. This little girl, I will call her "curly temple" was sashaying while she walked, I kid you not, she was wiggling everything she could, and then she would turn back to see if Cheese was catching her moves, at first we caught on, but thought she just had noticed there were people behind her, then we very quickly figured out, that to this little curly temple, in the "tree museum" there were only "curly temple & cheezenovia" on this walk. We were invisible! She was flipping her curls, walking with her hand on her hip, turning, blushing...It was the weirdest thing I ever saw, I wanted to put my arm around the prey she was stalking, and yell "backoff"...Then I remembered..She was only about 5!!! Her dog was trotting around, and she would take every moment to very loudly and dramatically say "Maggie, you silly pup, don't get me wet, your dirty, dirty, dirty" and then she would turn..Did he see me, is he looking?? She was mesmerized by my little boy. The little boy, who was only interested in picking up sticks and stuff on the ground!!

Her mother finally stopped walking and yelled for her.

her mum:"Isabella, I have stopped walking, come back here right now, you are tooo far!!"
her: "MUM, I AM BUSY RIGHT NOW, STOP BOTHERING ME"
her mum "Isabella, come over to me right now, this is unacceptable behaviour"
her: "I SAID I AM VERY BUSY, NOT NOW!!!!"
her mum: "ISABELLA, I AM NOT TAKING ANOTHER STEP UNTIL YOU COME BACK TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!"
her (taking one last look at Cheezenovia, flinging her hair dramatically and running like a drama queen)"MUM, DON'T YOU EVER EMBARRASS ME LIKE THAT AGAIN, I TOLD YOU I WAS BUSY"
her mum (if it were me) "oh just you wait, I'll give you something to be really embarrassed about!" (actually the mum stayed a very far distance away from us after that)

It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. It was only funny, because it was not my kid:)

The frog and I were totally amazed at the power this little cheesy boy had.
The frog and I decided, we would never like to have a little girl though, after that.
The idea of the sweet little girl vanished that afternoon.
Boys are so easy:)

6 Comments:

At April 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah such a wonderful story. And yes cheesanovia is a little cuttie. I'm sure all the girls are after him with everything he does.. He's so funny.. Reminds me of P actually!

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger Ksam said...

Oh, you're gonna have a little heartbreaker on your hands in a few years!!

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger Pardon My French said...

So cute! It sounds like you have a lot of fun together as a family. Sigh. One day...

You'll have to get an unlisted number once he hits middle school (or have those "I luuuuuuuuuuuuv you; do you luuuuuuuuuuuv me" phone calls already started?)

 
At April 18, 2006, Blogger La Page Française said...

Great story! Little Cheese already breaking hearts wherever he goes!

 
At April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. It reminds me of the opening credits to the Austin Powers movies. :)

 
At April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Very cute story. Sorry I haven't replied to your comment in so long...I haven't had much time to visit the blog world lately.

We took all of your suggestions, except that we didn't have time for the restaurant you recommended. We had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home