Monday, May 29, 2006

A surprise romantic weekend...By Kim



Since Wednesday night, I have been lying through my teeth to my beloved frog!! During the week he mentioned, once again, what a terrible liar I am, It's true, I just cannot lie, especially to him! Well, I PROVED HIM WRONG!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

We normally see eachother every other weekend. And with Cheese's visitation schedule, his father had him this Memorial day! So last year, we all went to Montreal and stayed a nice long weekend, which was nice, this year though, I was blocked, as I had Cheese back on Sunday, and then he went to his Father's on Monday. Well on Wednesday, his father asked if he could just keep him on Sunday, so they could do something, I happily obliged (hoping that he would see how easy that was and follow suit someday, yeah, I'm a dreamer, I know) Now during this whole time, my good friend Sherry was going to be in Buffalo for a judo tournament with her kids and we were going to meet up. So this is all going on the week before, making plans to do stuff, I would visit them on Sunday with both kids and all the kids could play and we could visit! WELL, the wrench was thrown into the plans when Cheese's father decided to keep him and I hatched a plan, since I had such a great alibi, with my friend coming. (I'm so confusing I know, get to the point!!!)

Here is what I did...

I called my friend, and asked her if it was possible to just us meet up on Friday night after work, we could both drive one hour and meet for dinner, perfect!

I maintained my story with the frog and told him that I was going to spend all day Sunday with her and also go meet her for dinner, just the two of us, on Friday AND her and her family would come to my village to tour around here on Saturday after work, but it was impairent that they would have to be back in Buffalo around 10 for weigh in (this is where I become a bad liar, I throw in extras, that never make sense and tend to blow my cover) Now normally, the frog and I try to talk about our day and we spend time on the phone or online, you know, me and the kids eat dinner, and the frog is on speakerphone at the table with us and since we met over 1 1/2 years ago, we have almost not had a day apart or not talking to eachother. So we were both being all wishy washy about not getting much time to talk and so on. (heheheh, I knew better though;)

I met up with my dear friend on Friday, stayed up till 1am with her, finished my laundry and packing at 3:30am and off to bed for 4 hours of sleep! Incidentally, I forgot to call the frog I got home, as he was very panicked that I had not made it home okay the night before. (It's so lovely and wonderful to be so cherished:) Now during that day, before I left to meet my friend, he was saying how much he was missing me and why didn't he make train arrangements and take a train to Niagara Falls where I could pick him up and we could be together, and OMG, it took every ounce of me not to shout, "I'm coming to see you don't worry, I'm coming!!" But I just continued to LIE LIE LIE!!! I elaborated about going to see her, her coming here, etcetera, etcetera..hahahah!!

I went to work that morning, all the girls at work knew about it, and were sooo excited too, I called and said that my friends were coming around 4 and we would be done with dinner and touring around 8, so if he wanted to talk to me on the phone, he should definitely be home then!

I was able to leave work a little earlier, thanks to my overly excited boss, who moved my schedule around so I could leave earlier and drove to Montreal! It is a 4 hour drive, so I had plenty of time to execute my last and final lie.. I would call from the gas station by his house and tell him we had just pulled over and that I would be home a little later and that I missed him, I made sure to pretend to talk to one of her kids and say "tell your mom, I'm just making a phone call".

I then drove to his house and rang his door. I had my camera and wanted to shoot his picture, as his face was soo shocked and so cute, but I totally forgot and was wrapped up in the surprise to think about it:)

I was able to trick him and that is a very difficult feat, as this particular frog is very keen on details and very very very observant!! YAYAYAY!!

We had the most wonderful weekend, and I have plenty of photos to post, BUT, I forgot my camera at his house, and he cannot upload them and insert them, because of course I have the adaptor, so you will have to be patient and wait till Saturday when he comes again this weekend:)

After we both calmed down, we decided to figure out what to do, we went on a quick walk together....OH WAIT, DID I MENTION THAT I HAD NOOOO KIDS WITH ME!!!

We decided to go to the Irish pub, the first place we went together more than 1 1/2 years ago. We had a great night with our friend Frederic, walked through the party party district of Montreal, saw a fight happen between some young kids...ooh was I glad we were at the nice sedate Hurley's Pub. That stuff scares me now!

The next day, we had a leisurely morning and then went for a trek to Parc Jean Depeau, and island off of the big island, with beautiful gardens and so much to see. We walked and walked and walked, (and then walked some more!) We had a really nice picnic and relaxed, a very joie de vivre day!!

That night we went to see the movie, Da Vinci Code, went home and snuggled all night!

Our time together is so precious, and to be able to spend an extra weekend all to ourselves, seemed so indulgent and sweet, that I actually felt guilty! (but not that much!!)

13 Comments:

At May 30, 2006, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Ha ha! That's great! I can't believe you pulled it off.

Time with your guy without the kids? Hmmm. Whatever could one do? :)

Glad you had a great time.

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger B said...

So glad you were able to do this Kim! Definitely one of those impromptu things that really keep a relationship going!

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

buzzgirl, I can't believe I pulled it off, wait, no one can believe I could pull it off, It's really true, that I cannot tell a lie! As for what we did...this is a family site, so I cannot tell ;)

b'real, It was sooo great to be able to be so spontaneous and soooo alone!

James - I loook like such a dork, he was tickling me, so he looks adorable and I look like a spaz! :) But thank you!

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger christina said...

Tricky! That's great - I would have probably blabbed. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you guys.

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger hexe said...

No guilt! It makes you a better Mom when you have had some time without your children - you're happier and therefore so are they. The surprise for Thomas makes it all the more special. So happy you were able to have this time.

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Christina, believe me, I almost blabbed so many times, It was sooo hard, i'm a really awful surprise keeper, i always give it away, but i was determined!!!

Hexe, it was so wonderful, I lived with the guilt, I know it makes me a better mom, but I still feel guilty for being so spoiled by my froggy!

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah for surprises! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. But oh man I still want to visit Montreal. P keeps telling me he wants to take me and well you just make me imagine it that much more!

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger Ksam said...

oh, cool, i'm glad you two were able to spend a weekend (alone *S*) together!!

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Jen, just let me know when you come to montreal, we will definately hang out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam, it was so great to be alone, and the weekend was just perfect!!!

 
At May 30, 2006, Blogger T said...

Tricky you! I'm sure he really enjoyed being tricked.

I love Hurley's did you see the live band Salty Dog? They used to play at our church for a 'pub night'

 
At May 31, 2006, Blogger Miss Kim said...

You had NO KIDS and you went to an Irish Pub?????????? Kimmi Kimmi Kimmi... tsk tsk tsk.

Well... at least you finally got some 'snuggling' in ;)

 
At May 31, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

moe, how about we meet at hurley's next time, I am in Montreal?!

Kimmie, I didn't say what we did after the Irish pub though ;) hehehe

 
At March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Invention patents lexapro side effects quitting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home