Monday, May 01, 2006

Yogurt is Yogurt, no?



NOOOOOO IT IS NOT!!!!

All my life, I have had plenty of yogurt!! Acidolphus is good for us! It is our friend in many ways!

I have always had the typical american yogurt, the lowfat stuff, with flavors. It was OK, well, it was all I ever had, so there was nothing to compare it to.

Then the frog hopped into our lives and he kept talking about how our yogurt is so disgusting and that it was all this lowfat stuff, blablabla. I was thinking, really how much better could it be, you just miss your country that's all! Yogurt is Yogurt, afterall!

He will even say when I take you to France, we will eat yogurt, mmmmmm yogurt, I miss yogurt! And I'm thinking..when we go to France, I want to try sooo many other things than yogurt. :)

Well let me tell you...I have a new love!!! It is whole milk yogurt, OMG, this is the most wonderful thing in the world! The taste is almost orgasmic, I would take this yogurt flavored with natural lemon, over any ice cream here!!!

And the wonderful thing is, I can take about 50 steps, around the corner, where the new nature food market opened!! The problem I have is, for 8 oz it's $1.99, wooooooo!! Maybe I will consider figuring out how to make homeade yogurt, it can't be too hard!

Honestly those of you who eat yogurt and just think it is okay, try real, honest to goodness whole milk yogurt with the cream on the top *drool* and you will never be able to eat the other stuff again.

What is wrong with this country that we have everything LIGHT or FAT FREE, when really it tastes horrible, and it's full of chemicals that are doing the opposite of what they are promising. If we just learned to eat in moderation, but eat the good, real stuff, we may see we are more healthy than ever!

11 Comments:

At May 02, 2006, Blogger Ksam said...

It's true, French yogurt really is delicious!

 
At May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

miam miam yogurt.

I hear that there's a "greek style" yogurt stateside that's supposed to be pretty close to our stuff over here. Might be worth looking into.

And making yogurt isn't hard at all!

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

well this yogurt, mmmmm, i dreamed about it all night!! *slurp*

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Low fat yogurt is so awful, why bother eating it at all? And it's also so unsatisfying. I love real yogurt! I used to make yogurt for my kids when they were babies and it's very easy with a yogurt maker!

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

they have yogurt makers???? Where have I been living??? The things you learn on blogs:)
thanks kimmie, i'm going to check them out!

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I so agree that Yogurt in North America just sucks! Last night in fact when P and I were walking, I was talking about this too! I miss my flavors of yogurt and for every season. How Ironic you post this!

Also I hate that you can't find real vanilla in the yogurt because it tastes so different! Nothing compares here but I get by...

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Oh, Kim! Thomas is so right!

The yogurt aisle in the markets in France are amazing. A tremendous number of varieties. I tried a bunch - and didn't find one that I didn't like. I even brought a bunch back in my luggage. Sooooo good (drool, drool.)

A preview (just for you!): I see Scottie again on Monday, the 17th...

 
At May 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got a yogurt maker at Williams-Sonoma for about $40. This might seem like a lot, but when you consider the cost of yogurt in the States, it is something that will be rentable quite quickly. (I just taught you a new French word, but I'll let Thomas explain it to you. Thanks, Thomas!)

We've made skim milk yogurt, and its consistency is quite runny, but we didn't mind that. A higher fat-content milk will make a thicker, creamier yogurt.

If you eat a lot of yogurt, a machine is so worth it!

 
At May 02, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Thomaaaaaaas,
Can we please get a yogurt maker? They are only $40, soooo cheap!! :)
k

 
At May 03, 2006, Blogger The DP said...

when you go to France and go to the grocery store, they have an entire yogurt AISLE. Then an entire what I would call "pudding" aisle (what NH calls desserts lactees). AISLE, I tell you. I LOVE French yogurt, and even Swiss yogurt (land of milk and cows) is nowhere near as good as French yogurt.

 
At February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home