Thursday, June 01, 2006

Do Scottish men, wear boxers or briefs, under their kilts??...By Kim



(First let me say, very quickly, I am sorry if this picture offends anyone, I'm really really sorry, but I just could not resist any longer!!;)

Last summer we went to a Scottish festival, there were four of us, my friend Erica and I, and Thomas and Frederic. Thomas and Frederic studied together at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, so they were very enthused to see what we New Yorkers considered a Scottish festival.

It was an okay festival, they had the traditional games and plenty of Scottish clans, but the food was not anything like what they had in Glasgow. It was pretty bad actually, Thomas was excited to try some of their Haggis and was very disappointed after the first bite, I didn't think it was too bad, and I was actually thanking my lucky stars that it was not real Haggis, because after I tasted that one, he told me what the real one was made of and *gulp* I'm not so sure I could have "stomached" that:)

While we were all there and watching the men in skirts, er, kilts. I was wondering what everyone wonders, (don't you?) Do they wear underpants under the skirts, I mean kilts?? We had a very long debate and discussion on why they are kilts and not skirts, and it was funny to look at of them for sale, damn...Why didn't I think to have my frog try one on for me..(mental note, have frog try a skirt, er kilt on for entertainment purposes only:)

When I came across this picture, a while ago, I saved it to my desktop, and am just now posting it, I laugh everytime I see it, as I think of our discussion about the kilts and if they really do wear underpants underneath, well, apparently these guys decided against it, and what happened to their little purse that is supposed to keep their skirts down???

10 Comments:

At June 02, 2006, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Hmmm. Well, kilts are not a topic that came up between Rob and me. Now, I'm really wishing they had! I love the photo - it's hilarious.

 
At June 02, 2006, Blogger La Page Française said...

Aaaah! Too funny!

 
At June 02, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

buzzgirl, i thought of you and scotty when i saw this photo, wonder if he has a kilt??? hmmm, interesting...

la page francais, i thought it was such a funny pic, but then i wondered if it would be offensive..but then thought, well it's my blog, isn't it??

 
At June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pic, Kim! My mother emailed me one of a guy sitting next to the queen with his legs open...all the family jewels were on display. ;)

 
At June 02, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I've seen the photo that pumpkin is talking about! But yes I always wonder too...so funny. You'd never get P in one even if it were for laughs.

 
At June 03, 2006, Blogger christina said...

I've seen that picture before and it's so funny! Anyone who would be offended by it is just silly. And I just LOVE a man in a kilt. I don't know how a skirt can be look manly, but it is.

I guess you'd have to talk to a lot of handsome Scotsmen before you got the real answer.

 
At June 03, 2006, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Hummm... my P has always had a thing for windy days and girls in breezy skirts- and I never "understood" it.

Now. I. Do.

**wicked giggle**

 
At June 05, 2006, Blogger deedee said...

I once went to a Scottish party and they were serving that Haggis dish. Yuck, yuck, yuck! Fun people with one really bad specialty food.

 
At June 06, 2006, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Unoffended and laughing, although as much from the frog family photo ... one of top of the other.

Thanks :)

 
At June 06, 2006, Blogger CG said...

Well once I was partying with 3 Scottish guys after a football match (long long time ago) and believe me they prooved me they do not wear underwear... It didn't bother me too much, well if that's what they do... Anyway the "purse" only holds down the front of the kilt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home