Friday, June 09, 2006

ET C'EST PARTI




That's it, it started today with a 4-2 for Germany... One whole month of football, soccer if you prefer (what the heck soccer means anything, it sounds awful). I cannot believe that for the first time in my life I am not going to be able to watch it (just listen to it on radio) as no public TV is playing it in Canada, grrrrrr!!!

Anyway, you must be European (and a guy I have to assume) to understand what this event mean. Europe and a bit part of the World will just slow down, people taking holidays, TV at work, or like me the radio very loud in the office.

My brother is flying right now to Germany and will stay there for 5-6 days...I will post some of his photos :)

Note: I swear that as soon I can afford it, I am getting sattelite TV that allows me to get European channels. I just cannot live with Baseball, or American Football, No rugby, no football, no handball...eeek why did I leave civilization

8 Comments:

At June 09, 2006, Blogger The DP said...

Ooh France Switzerland. My Frog is rooting for Zidane, er France.
I on the other hand, secretly like the Swiss team. I think the players as individuals on the Swiss team are all mediocre at best, but their true skill lies in their ability to play as a team. I feel like the French time relies on Zidane and Henry too much and the other dudes just kinda exist.
Bummer about Cisse tho. Poor dude.

 
At June 09, 2006, Blogger CG said...

Well I am european but afemale one and even though I grew up watching basket ball on tv I LOVE football. Don't any channels in France show them over the net?

 
At June 09, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

ARRG i cant even watch resume of the games on Eurosport.fr as it says it is not accessible in my region...and since stupid canada is all about hockey, they dont even show a good resume of the game... I dont understand how 2 countries are totally not in phase with the rest of the world... EVERYONE will watch but USA and Canada, that is crazy.. explain that to me

 
At June 10, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

http://www.tv5.ca/horaire-television/2006/24/1.html

here is the program of tv5 CANADA, and you will notice that therer is NOT a single game.

As I am French, I will root for my country, and since I am european, I will root for all the european countries as well.

 
At June 10, 2006, Blogger CG said...

Hey but aparentely states have a team in it as well surely they'd show it somewhere...

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger Miss Kim said...

I'm rooting for Holland cause P is Dutch/Canadian!

And I empathise with you poor frog.

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok - I'd love to do to that one! I know someone going tomorrow to Hamburg... I'd so agree, but we have seen 2 games on tv. I'm not sure why you can't see any.

 
At June 12, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

He can't because he only has basic tv, just the regular 6 or so channels:) pppooooor frog!
Is it not nice of me to talk to him on the phone and watch the world cup on my tv?? MUAHHHAAAAHHHAH!
The kids keep saying, lets tape it, lets tape it...haha
k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home