Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Flower and the Cheese...by kim


This is Rose!

Isn't she cute? Such a nice, sweet little girl...

Doing the parachute thing here with Cheese.

Cheese really likes Rose, a couple of weeks ago he came home and asked me if he could call a friend, I said sure, would you like me to get the school phone book out? He pulled out a giant construction sheet, with her name and phone number and said,"no thanks, Rose gave me her number, we decided to call eachother."

He called her and they made small talk, like, "So, how was your day?" and "What are you going to do for dinner?"

It was the cutest thing I ever saw, he has a girl, that is a friend!

I never thought it was anything more...

He invited all the kids to his party, but was most concerned if she had responded, every day he asked.

Why didn't I see the writing on the wall?

I should be used to this..

I have another son, he is 12 now, he once told me when I asked him if he liked girls, like the other boys in his class...he replied "liking girls is a biological reaction, I have not had mine yet!" Yep that is Pickles for you.

Pickles likes a girl, the same girl for 2 years now!

She is the smartest girl in the school, that is why he likes her.

He made her a necklace for Christmas, out of a glass arrowhead he got from a museum, he put it in a small wooden heart box. She said thank you, but they never have even talked outside of school.



That is okay, I can deal with that, he is 12 afterall, almost 13! Like a girl from afar, that is fine with me!

BUT, 7???

And must I really go break a little girl's legs, because she hurt my baby??? Ugh!

Having boys is supposed to be easy, no????

Who knew little boys were so sensitve and could be hurt so easily???

How many little boys did I hurt?? I'm feeling guilty now!

I'm sorry Christian, when we were 5 and you asked me every day to marry you, I'm sorry I shouted "NO" everytime, except for the day that you asked my friend and I shouted, "I said YES today, you will marry me!!" I hope I didn't hurt you like this little flower hurt my Cheese.

Cheese came into my room and said, "I have a secret, and please don't tell anyone." He went into his room and brought me this piece of paper!

It said in his 7 year old print: I HAVE A CRUSH ON ROSE.



My heart melted! What a sweet boy, and I'm the one he chose to tell me!

THEN he said "wait, I have something else too." His cheeks were all flushed and pink.

AND he brought me this in the same 7 year old print: ROSE KISSED A DIFRENT BOY.



My heart broke! He was trying to be big, and not let the tears in his eyes fall.

I just hugged and hugged him and he told me that Rose told him this on Thursday. I told him maybe Rose was just telling him that, so he knew she kissed boys. He didn't know. But he said it hurt him here! (pointing to his heart)

*SIGH* having boys will be harder than I thought!

12 Comments:

At June 11, 2006, Blogger Ksam said...

Aww, that's so sweet - and I think it shows how great a relationship you have with your boys - how many kids would show something like to their mother?

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger CG said...

One of those notes reminded me of the first love note I received at the age of 11 it actually was the only love note I ever had and I kept it for years. I am sure boys get hurt as easily as girls do. And you are doing a wonderful job building a relationship like that with your boys. I am sure they are going to grow into wonderful men... If only I wasn't married... :)

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Oh that is soooooooooo heartwrenching!

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger T said...

My 8yo has a crush on a girl at school too. He drew a picture of her locked up in a tree house and her coming to save her. (just like his dad, he wants to be superman) And I have another page wher he wrote "Maddy's Lovers" Too cute eh?

Love the necklace, what a lucky girl.

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Sam,
Thanks, I was surprised that he did it, Pickles would tell me no problem, but Cheese would be more likely to be embarrassed and keep it in..I was almost teary eyed when he showed me the first note, and then I cried with him on the second note..*sniff*

Carra,
I really think they will be wonderful men, they are the kindest, sweetest boys you can know:) They make me soooooo proud!

Kimmie,
Tell me about it, every time I read the notes (that I will keep forever) I cry, it is heartwrenching, and if Rose wasn't such a sweety, I would really break her legs! ;)

Moe,
It's so funny, I never had to deal with any of this with Pickles, he was just oblivious to girls, the whole biological reaction thing never happened until later! The necklace was so pretty, but I don't think it was very appreciated, although this girl is very very very shy, so who knows??!

Cheese somehow is more of a chick magnet than Pickles, and overall more interested in girls AT 7!!!! Whereas Pickles just is like do-di-do-di-do...funny how different they could be, but raised so much the same way:)
btw, I will be in montreal this weekend, friday, saturday and sunday!!!

 
At June 11, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah kim that is so beautiful, and so cute. I think your little cheese will do just fine. Maybe you should tell him not to worry about it as much and go play and be yourself! If they don't like you for who you are, then they aren't meant for you. ;0)

Oh and thanks for the encouragement on my photos. P has been so nice to me, but yes I need photo buddies to photograph with.. lol.

Oh I'm in process now too... Just starting that is.. Ugh!

 
At June 12, 2006, Blogger Linda said...

I have two boys and a girl. I went through some heartbreaking experiences with the boys when they were hurt by girls. I acutally found raising my daughter more difficult. I worried about her more, I don't know why. They are all now happilly married with children of their own. Now, it is their turn to worry.

 
At June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just an amazing story!
(psst! here's another secret: I think I have a crush or BOTH your boys! They're too darn cute....but very much too young for me so don't even think about breaking my legs.)

Oh, and speaking of leg breaking woman, be nice with the house comments!

 
At June 12, 2006, Blogger B said...

How sweet and heart wrenching! What a tender Cheese. I think it is wonderful that he is so open with you and so sensitive. Another testament of your wonderful relationship with your sons. Boys so often seem detached but they too go through those agonies of crushes...they just don't get to be as weepy as us girls. :-)

 
At June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, My princess is boy crazy at age 8 almost 9. But we havent gotten into such serious business! What a sweetie Cheese is! I'll be more careful about reactions now, though. Thanks for pointing out the other side.

 
At July 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 
At February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Agence virtuelle search engine marketing firm seo services blackberry blossom lyrics aol camera digital driver Walkman circ mp3 player nw-e105pswhi online bill Selling my house as is Buy zyban prescription Digital cameras and airport x-rays digital cameras england Voyeurs vidyo Nokia d50 digital camera Ford engine block identification numbers pontiac fiero ground effects used trucks 2000 volvo 660

 

Post a Comment

<< Home