Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween 2006...by kim

This is the frog's first experience with Halloween. Normally I am out buying a costume and on a rare occasion, I have made one myself, but it never comes out very nice:)
Cheese wanted to be Zorro, but we were stalling, trying to think of one to make ourselves. I remembered I had cut out a form for a Knight for Pickles extra credit project, but of course we didn't have a helmet that was any good...I had made poor Pickles a helmet out of a cereal box and foil...yeah it was really pathetic, you can ask him..he's feeling really slighted about this really awesome amazing helmet the frog made ;) so he is sure to tell everyone how pathetic mine was, and murmering "why weren't you here to make mine, than I would have gotten 102% for extra credit."
So we made the helmet and boy is it awesome...The frog was supposed to leave on Sunday, but you know the wind was really bad and a storm was brewing, and a costume needed more embellishments! So he stayed and would leave in the morning...that is until he started on the shield...then he would leave at noon..but then we realized it was Pickles last football game and if he stayed...he could see Cheese's face when he saw the finished project, shield and helmet for his Knight costume! Soooo, he stayed:) This picture above was when Cheese took the crappy foil off of the shield and saw what he had done to it...he carved out an emblem and painted it!
I think they both look soo proud, I can't remember what Cheese was saying, but he was in character for sure!
"If this is what it takes to be a Dad, It's really great" The frog, as you can see and as the 3 of us know in this house...will be a wonderful, the most bestest Papa in the world!! I have said that from day one..before I ever had met him...he always gives my kids 1000% and is just a natural born teacher and caregiver!! Can you tell how much I love and admire this guy? ;)
Here is Cheese up above opening the fake shield that we tricked him with, saying it was done really crappy with Tin foil. When the tin foil fell off and he saw the shield in its glory..I wish then that I would have had a video cam, because he was soo happy and excited!!
Here is a boy named Cheese, who is dressed as a Knight, with his "Papa Bird".
Happy Halloween to everyone and their families!!!


5 Comments:

At October 31, 2006, Blogger Pardon My French said...

That was very, very sweet. Both Thomas and Cheese look excited. Your frog is definitely talented with costume-making ... that turned out to be an awesome helmet/shield combination.

 
At November 01, 2006, Blogger blueVicar said...

That's a great costume...isn't it fun??

I'm out reading Halloween related posts by expatriate bloggers...and putting the links to them on my blog.

Meilleurs vœux!

 
At November 02, 2006, Blogger B said...

Such a great costume! Cheese looks so proud. Nice work to you and Thomas! Hope you're doing well and enjoyed halloween!

 
At November 02, 2006, Blogger Just me said...

What cute Halloween pics!

 
At November 05, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

how adorable!! Looks like it was a great time, and extra enjoyable time together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home