Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Jeux de mains, jeux de vilains... by Thomas

Being French, and living North American, is something really hard... especially if you like sports! This weekend is a big weekend... with BIG sports events!!!

No, No, No, I am not talking about the Superbowl between the Colts and the Bears (yes I did some research to find that one), which i will probably enjoy watching....something else. No, as very few of you are probably aware, not only this is the begining of the VI nations tournament 2007 (the what...?), or the most important event in Rugby in the Northern hemisphere where France is defending championand will start against Italy, BUT this weekend we will have the chance to have the two last match of the Handball world championship, with France either playing for Gold or Bronze, according to what is going on tomorrow during the semi final against Germany.

So I will have no choice but listen to rmcinfo on my computer, with the live scoring board on, and my brother describing the actions for me - no handball, no rugby, no jumping on the couch, no biting my nails, no ... instead I will have to pretend to be interested when people are telling me about the superbowl

5 Comments:

At January 31, 2007, Blogger susan d said...

Good pic of Janet and Justin. Those halftime shows are quite unnecessary and annoying. Kind of like the incessant over-hyped commercials.

 
At February 01, 2007, Blogger egan said...

France has great handball, football, and rugby teams. Many basketball players in the NBA are also coming from France too. Our Seattle team has three native French speakers and I couldn't be more excited.

 
At February 01, 2007, Blogger Barbara said...

Bonjour Thomas & Hi Kim,
I'am not a sports fan; I don't have much to add there.
It's my second visit at your blog.
I like the fact that you both write. Cool .
We are also a French-US couple, living near Paris. My "moitié" is too busy to write write.
Very good English, Thomas ! Impec !!
Come & check out our blog.
Très bonne journée à tous les deux

 
At February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas,

Don't forget that the "real" football is actually played with feet ;-)

Yesterday, the Velodrome stadium was in fusion when Marseille scored two goals in the last 5 minutes to defeat the powerhouse Lyon. Watch it : mms://viptf1.yacast.net/sports/om.net/070131_omol.wmv

And Sunday evening don't miss the "classico" OM-PSG.

What a week : Football + Handball + Rugby !

Stay tuned to RMC station and enjoy.

 
At February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry,
the correct link to OM-OL is
mms://viptf1.yacast.net/sports/
om.net/070131_omol.wmv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home