Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dreams do come true...by kim

My dream, since I was a little girl, was to swim in the clear-blue water, with white sand. I have longed for this forever! My other dream was to go on a cruise, when my 8th grade best friend went on one and shared with me her diary. An even bigger dream, of course is to take my boys!

They have no clue, not an idea, nothing! Their Oma got them on the cruise kick, she started mentioning it to them at Christmas time, getting their hopes up, I was all game for it, until I checked out the airline tickets!! Yikes! Spring Break the rates shooot up! Even though I was not having to pay for it, it is my Mummy's treat and just a mother/daughter + grandsons. I could not see spending that much for air travel! So I stopped talking about it and put it off till next year!

Cheese, was remembering his Oma's idea...he was pleading...."please, I have never been anywhere, only Maine and Canada, oh and Chicago, but that is it.." he pointed out "I haven't been to Germany, Walt Disney, Florida, Ocracoke...nope I havent' been to any of the places Pickles has been" (with a very sad face, of course) I thought this was a very good tactic on his half, but still I was not feeling the least bit guilty, the kid is only 7, he has his whole life ahead for travel. And we are in the midst of planning an awesome week-long summer vacation to the shore, so ppppfff, deal with it kid!

I told my Mom. The old softy, with a big soft spot for both her boys. She said, why can't we take them out of school?? I said, no way! She suggested a long weekend and maybe a day or two out of school....I had not thought of that...hmmm...

In one day, her and I had picked the day, I made the plans, she paid for them and before I knew it, we were commited to a Disney Cruise!!! My dream come true! (well truth be told, I have a more important dream and would sacrifice this one, but for the time being..i'll take Mickey Mouse)

We leave on the 14th of March. I will pick up the kids from school, and tell them that I have a surprise, and that we will be making a quick visit to see Oma:) They will be so happy, thinking we are on our way to Chi-town for a long weekend! I'm excited to see how long I can pull it off, like will they notice at check in?? (these two are pretty oblivious) or will they notice when we sit near the gate?? (i'll try to sit away from our gate, maybe there will be a gate for chicago near by and we can sit with those folks) Maybe I'll say, oh it's a connecting flight, we have to fly to Florida first then take a flight to Chicago...come on, these two little boys trust their mommy:)

We will set sail on the 15th and come back on the 18th, it's only a 3 day cruise, it was the only way we could fit it in. I'm thinking it will be a good introduction:)

I'm so excited and I just keep praying I won't mess it up, or worse yet, my ex won't mess it up, he would unfortunately like to sabbotage any surprise, but maybe I'm wrong and he wouldn't want Cheese to miss out on the surprise. I had to tell him where we were going, because he was almost trying to say no, I couldn't have that weekend. :)

The only hard part will be (I know, here is where I will be a pathetic girl) I will not get to talk to the frog, and although it may seem silly to some of you, we have not missed a day of contact since we met. But I already checked...the big red boat has internet:) whew!


7 Comments:

At February 15, 2007, Blogger Antipodeesse said...

That is really thrilling news! You must be bursting with the need to tell/not tell!

Be sure to post lots of pix...

 
At February 15, 2007, Blogger Victoria Williams said...

What's the onboard agenda? Should be lots of fun!

 
At February 16, 2007, Blogger B said...

Oh wow! This is a great surprise! I'm so glad you get to do this. The boys will be thrilled!!! And you really don't have that long to wait. I hope you all have a great time...you so deserve it!

 
At February 16, 2007, Blogger hexe said...

What a great surprise! It will be here before you know it. By then it should have warmed back up here (tonight 29 degrees). Let me know if you'll be in Orlando long.

 
At February 16, 2007, Blogger hexe said...

What a great surprise! It will be here before you know it. By then it should have warmed back up here (tonight 29 degrees). Let me know if you'll be in Orlando long.

 
At February 16, 2007, Blogger hexe said...

What a great surprise! It will be here before you know it. By then it should have warmed back up here (tonight 29 degrees). Let me know if you'll be in Orlando long.

 
At February 16, 2007, Blogger hexe said...

What a great surprise! It will be here before you know it. By then it should have warmed back up here (tonight 29)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home