Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finally, the whole story!





So after seeing Cheese off to school, and even telling him while I was getting him dressed..."How about I put your tropical shirt on, and when I pick you up from school..I will take you on a tropical adventure!?"

After he got on the bus, I started everything that I needed to do...Packing, cleaning, etc...I had a list a mile long and just kept checking things off.

Finally Pickles called and said that his activity period was cancelled and I needed to pick him up a half hour early..perfect! But I would need to speed things up! I needed to make a stop at the bank, post office and the pharmacy, oh and to drop off the dog! I am usually running late...but when I looked at the clock...it said 2:19...I was only 1 minute off...wooo hooo!

I picked him up, told him we were getting Cheese...and he wondered why we were getting him early?? I went in to get Cheese and told him there was a surprise! He got into the car..looked in the back of the van and said.."Well we're going someplace, cause I see luggage!" So I told them, my spiehl...Oma really missed them, she made Opa get on the computer and get tickets to go see her...They screamed...."We're going to CHICAGO!!!!" (my plan was working!!)

At the airport..I had post it notes in the travel documents that said...'these two cute boys do not know they are going to Disney..please wish them a safe trip to Chicago'...Everyone went along and it was easy to fool them with their cooperation!

At one point..Pickles, looking at his bording pass...said, hey we go to JFK and then to Orlando! Maybe we will get stuck there...and I said..Well if they offer us free tickets to give up our tickets, I will take them, just to have one day in the sun...Cheese screamed..NOOOOO! I want to go to Chicago! Pickles did ask why it showed we stopped at Orlando, and I simply said...Well duh! If they had more than two connections on a ticket, things would get very confusing for the airports! So I informed him that we would land in Orlando, and get our baggage and have to go to another ticket counter to get the next leg of the trip. He totally thought that was soo logical!

As the airplane landed, I called my mom and said.."Hey I'm not sure where the next ticket counter is, Opa never gave me the information for that" and she then told me where she was waiting..right by our baggage claim.

We took the tram to the baggage claim, I got my camcorder out..and we walked straight for my Mother:) The kids almost walked right past her! They finally saw her, and you'll never guess what Pickles said!! "Oma did you come all the way down here to fly with us to Chicago??" and she said.."Noooo, I have luggage with me!" And Pickles said, "OMG, we're going to Disney World!" and we said, "Nope!" They were really confused at that point! So I had my mom tell them and they were speechless!

The rest of the trip was wonderful! I definately would do some things differently next time. We stayed for our pre-night all the way out near Universal studios at a Hyatt..for anyone ever planning one of these trips...It is essential to stay at the airport Hyatt...although it is $250 a night and the other hotel was $150..we payed $50 each way for a cab fares and it was way to inconvenient! It really pays to just go through Disney for all the reservations, rather than a travel agent, the trip was quite choppy before and after...but everything Disney related, as far as for the cruise was a dream!!

And 3 days was perfect..I don't think I could have stood for any more food and glutony...we all felt really overindulged and in need of detox after the trip! Just for the food alone...you just felt like, since the trip was so short and may never happen again...you should just try a bit of everything! We had the best time, it was a memory to never be forgotten! The nicest part...was travelling with my Mum once again! Her and I took many spring break trips together. We made a pact that we would try to do a spring break trip with the kids as often as we could!

When we got back, my Father saw the 264 pictures, and exclaimed..."You guys had way too much fun...I'm going next time!" They have been scouring the internet and travel agencies for our next year trip! I'm trying to convince them to just take a land trip to the Carribean or someplace tropical...because the kids really loved the most...snorkeling and beach activities!!

So if anyone has any suggestions about their favorite tropical vacations..please give me some tips:)

5 Comments:

At March 25, 2007, Blogger Ksam said...

Kim, that sounds like so much fun. Your boys are lucky to have such a great mom!!

 
At March 25, 2007, Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Gee, I wish I had been invited too! They will never forget that special vacation!

 
At March 25, 2007, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

We could not have ever dreamed of such a trip at this point...so I would have to say, that these boys are very lucky to have such a great Oma and Opa, that want to spend my our inheritence now ;)

 
At March 26, 2007, Blogger Doc said...

I'm so glad the surprise worked!

 
At March 28, 2007, Blogger Pam said...

What a grand - and memorable! - adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home