Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My little Brie...by kim




My little Cheese...

For about, ohh...2 1/2 years now, he has been obsessed with France! Hohoho, I wonder why that could be??!

The other day, he told me this in the car....We were talking about setting our minds to things, and using a positive attitude...and I was talking about how everything is really attitude...For instance...If you say...I will get an A on that paper...you can, not by magic, but because if you say you will get an A to yourself, you will work for it and try really hard...As opposed to saying...OOh, I'm so gonna fail that test...Well DUH, you'll get a bad grade, not because you are so prophetic, but because if you say you will fail, you won't even have to bother trying...So I was telling them they could do anything in life and that a positive attitude will take them where they want! And Cheese says..."Well I already do that, I mean I say all the time...I WILL live in France someday, and I know I will!!" And trust me...that kid will live in France one day...I guarantee it!!

Just yesterday in their enrichment class, the project was to make a dream catcher and write 4 things that they dream of doing. On Cheeses Ojibwa dream catcher he has listed:

I will dream to be a professional Rugby player.
I will dream to be a professional Soccer player.
I will dream that I live in France!!
I will dream that I can speak French!

around the edging they write what they don't want to dream about...He wrote...I won't ever dream of being poor.

He's such a cool kid, I mean seriously..this is my little cheesenova! He is a charmer and I do believe thinks he is part french:)

When he was asking when the frog and I would be getting married...he was wanting part of the frogs last name...and we were saying, no it's not possible, you have your name and that will stay the same...and he was insisting...NOOO...I mean after you get married...and we were saying still no....so he gave that look, that look that tells me...we'll just see about that!!

At school, they are writing notes back and forth to each other, they each have to pull a stick, and then write something nice about the person they pulled....Here was his first letter that he got....
Dear Cheese, I think you are the most handsomest boy in the whole school. I think you make friends with everyone. I think you have the best clothes ever...
Love, Evan...ooops:)

My little Cheese is wonderful and he dreams of being french...how sweet is that:) So, do you think he likes my frog??

7 Comments:

At May 15, 2007, Blogger Julie said...

This is such a cute post. And I love that Cheesenova word you used.

 
At May 16, 2007, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Thank you julie! and thank you for commenting:) I appreciate that! Now I'll go check out your blog:)

 
At May 16, 2007, Blogger B said...

Can these boys get any sweeter?!

 
At May 16, 2007, Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

well i figure it is best to report all the sweet and light stuff now, as I am sure that one day...I will be complaining about teen stuff:)

 
At May 17, 2007, Blogger Papadesdeux said...

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your posts. (Yea, some guys like 'em too.) Especially such positive thinking perspectives. And you can tell Thomas that I will try to keep a positive thought for the politics. I understand completely his comments even if I still have lingering concerns about the man. - I am a little paranoid when it comes to governments. HA!

Keep up the good work, in all respects.

 
At May 21, 2007, Blogger Victoria Williams said...

You've had some great posts, the ones of your two sons holding hands, that's astonishing. When my son and daughter were that age they could barely be kept from each other's throats, and it just got worse as they got older. Then, suddenly, when they both got into their twenties, they became best friends. Life is so strange. You're very fortunate to have such a great family.

 
At May 21, 2007, Blogger Papadesdeux said...

I also just made note of your lemon bar recipe. I just LUV everything lemon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home