Monday, May 21, 2007

Off to World's!!...by kim


Well i will not be blogging for a little while, about 4 days...However, the ever so talented with words...Thomas...he can post:)

We are going to Pickles competition for Odyssey of the Mind!! It is very exciting...The blog that I made for the team is HERE!!

We are having a huge trauma in our house though, thanks to my ex! He is not letting Cheese go, and since it falls over part of his weekend, it is his choice! He was able to go to the State Competition and when Pickles team won, he was sure he would be able to be a part of the World Championship adventure! My parents are even going to drive up from Chicago to stay with us, so he is also losing time with his Oma and Opa! My ex seems to think that it is me that wants to have him by my side, and does not see at all, how much he is hurting his son! I mean really people, if he doesn't go, I don't have to Pay for the bus fare that is over $100 and food and etc..it would save me a lot...It would be more relaxed for me to NOT have him there, as I would just be with my parents staying in a nice hotel and Pickles is really going to be doing activities mostly with his team...BUT I would love for him to experience this! This would make him have a zest for continuing his education, we will be on a college campus, experiencing all these unbelievable experiences....When he is in Odyssey of the mind next year, he will be able to tell kids, and motivate them to getting to worlds, cause he saw his brothers team go....I know kids who have participated in Ootm for years and years and never won...Pickles had done it for 5 years and not won anything past regionals 3 times, and states they won, one year 18th place! This year they won 2nd place...it's a huge deal!! There will be teams from all over the world and he will miss it!

We have tried not discussing it much when he is around, but these past weeks everything has revolved around going to worlds...with meetings and parties and fundraisers and press stuff....SIGH

I had told his father right in the beginning how important it was, and he said, I'm gonna have to say NO! Then the enrichment teacher asked if she could do anything because she works with Cheese and has already mentioned him being in the enrichment program and would love for him to experience this...I told her, NO that would make it worse...I relayed to him that she wanted to talk to him and that he did not have to make a decision right away, and that if he needed to take his time it was no problem, the teacher was willing to save him a seat just in case...i tried not to give him any pressure at all!

This really sucks, doesn't he get that it would be easier for me to have him stay home and that this is an opportunity for him to experience something that will make him want more in life?? ARGGhhhh

This morning, Cheese woke up, he had wet the bed, and woke up at 5 am, and had a hard time back asleep, so when I woke him up for schoool, he just was crying and sobbing...I kept him home, he just needed the rest! That is the other thing, he gets no sleep over there, so when he comes home, he has bags under his eyes and sleeps so soundly at our house that he wets the bed...

I guess this is life, and there is nothing I can do, it helps to vent, but not really! Not when I feel a little boys pain, and his own Father can't see it...

And yes, I offered his Father to make up the time, and even offered him double time...NOPE, he just has to say NO!

This time is a Happy time for one child and a frustrating time for the other, and trying to keep both kids emotions protected is not an easy thing! Not to mention they just plain don't get to share this memory......it hurts, it hurts real bad!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

At May 21, 2007, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Congrats and good luck to Pickles!

I'm sorry. I know I probably shouldn't say this - especially since I don't know the guy - but, oh my god! Cheese's dad is being such an effing d*ck! Really unbelievable. I guess nobody ever told him that he's supposed to love his kid more than he hates his ex.

Kids are not to be used for spite... and that's what it seems like he's doing.

 
At May 22, 2007, Blogger Doc said...

Ditto Buzzgirl.

What a schmuck

 
At May 22, 2007, Blogger Ksam said...

Oh man, it's just awful that here you guys have this exciting time coming up and want to share it as a family, but can't. Like buzzgirl said, what a shame that he's doing this just to spite you.

 
At May 24, 2007, Blogger CG said...

I am absolutely horrified by Cheese father's actions but in the meantime I wish the best of luck to Pickles!

 
At May 24, 2007, Blogger skaneatelesootm07 said...

Thank you all! Pickles is having a blast!!! It's all very exciting, he is having an absolute blast!!

 
At May 25, 2007, Blogger B said...

Congrats to Pickles. What an exciting time for him and such a huge part of his development! I wish him the best of luck. :)

It really is so sad to hear that Cheese's father is doing this and it is having an undeniably painful effect on everyone involved. I see it everywhere but it never fails to upset me...watching one parent use their child to spite the other parent and for such ridiculous reasons. But you know this all too well...you can make Cheese's life with you the best possible and that still is such a positive thing for him to hold onto. Don't lose hope.

I'm excited to hear how OOTM goes! Hopefully we will get more pics of the adorable Pickles! :)

 
At May 29, 2007, Blogger buzzgirl said...

Thanks for the kind words. Think of me at noon your time.

Thanks again, and I hope to see photos of Worlds soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home